Local: Sun
Sydney: Sun
Select Destination
Location Time Temp
Sydney Sun13°
Melbourne Sun12°
Brisbane Sun18°
Perth Sun18°
Adelaide Sun
Hobart Sun10°
Canberra Sun
Darwin Sun28°


Get our help FREE advice or find service providers with our bookJobs Now

Find work in South Australia

01 February 2016 by News Desk

city_adelaide1One-to-one help and support is available for skilled migrants seeking work in their trade or profession in South Australia.

Services include information about visa’s, recognition of your professional or trade qualifications, help with preparing resumes and applications and getting ready for job interviews.

If you have gained qualifications and/or skilled work experience outside of Australia we can help and support your efforts to find skilled work in South Australia. We can help you get your overseas qualifications and skills assessed if you are, or wish to be, on a temporary visa or provisional visa with work rights, or wish to become a permanent resident of South Australia through the skilled migrant scheme.

For detailed information on work visas and recognition of overseas qualifications in various occupations, and any licences or registration required to work in South Australia, contact our Free Expert Helpline.

If you have not already had your qualifications assessed by a professional body or gained an Australian education level comparison, you may be able to gain an ‘assessment advice’. The assessment advice shows your education level in comparison to the Australian Qualifications Framework. Some trade qualifications can also be assessed through the ‘comparative assessment’ process. Our free Expert Helpline can help you with information about assessment and overseas qualifications recognition.

To work in Australia, many trades have specific licensing, registration or industry requirements. If you have an overseas trade qualification, or overseas or Australian trade work experience but no formal papers, we can provide one-to-one information about how to get a trade certificate for work purposes.

Documents you need to apply for overseas qualification and trade recognition include:
Qualification/s (original or certified copies)
Any certificates relating to apprenticeship or indentures
Academic record/s (original or certified copies)
Certified English translations of qualifications and academic records
Proof of any name change (eg; marriage certificate or certified marriage extract).

Migrants and temporary or provisional residents will also need to show:
Pre-migration assessments (original or certified copies) if available
Passport and evidence of your residence status in Australia

For detailed information and one-to-one help and support with gaining a visa and/or finding work in South Australia, contact our free Expert Helpline.

We use cookies on Thinking Australia

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Please confirm permission to use cookies.
Cookie Policy Privacy policy