Local: Sun
Sydney: Sun
Select Destination
Location Time Temp
Sydney Sun11°
Melbourne Sun
Brisbane Sun14°
Perth Sun14°
Adelaide Sun
Hobart Sun
Canberra Sun-3°
Darwin Sun25°


Get our help FREE advice or find service providers with our bookJobs Now

Work and Travel

Depending on which entry visa you’ve been grant you may be able to travel and work at the same time.

Find out more below or talk to one of our experts through our dedicated 24/7 helpline.

looking to work and play down under? contact our Australian experts for free advice

working holiday visa

Working Holiday Visas have a 6 month restriction on working with a single employer, with the exception of working in the north of Australia where this can be up to 12 months (though you’ll need to consult your agent in order to make sure your area of travel qualifies).

employer sponsored visa

In the case that you’ve entered Down Under on a Employer Sponsored Visa then you’re have the same holiday rights as any Australian employee (which is usually approximately 4 weeks but you’ll need to check that with your employer).

Plus, you can travel freely within your employment conditions and contract.

changing employers

While you can choose to change employers so you can move to a different state or region of Australia while you’re holding an Employer Sponsored Visa, this process is complex and you need to talk to an expert in order to fully understand what would be involved and what this means for you.

thinking australia? get in touch!

If you’re thinking Australia, talk to our experts through our free, dedicated 24/7 helpline so they can put you on the right track to enjoying an Australian lifestyle.

free advice on working while exploring australia? yes please!

We use cookies on Thinking Australia

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Please confirm permission to use cookies.
Cookie Policy Privacy policy