Australia: where fortunes are made03 February 2016 by News Desk
With a population of just over 20 million Australia can boast some of the richest people on the Planet.
The top ten wealthiest people in Australia are worth over $50 billion and the country has more millionaires, per head per capita, than any other country in the world.
Darrell Todd, CEO of thinkingaustralia, says: “Australia is not just the ‘lucky country’ it’s also a place where fortunes can be made.
“Yes, we have great weather and a healthy laid-back lifestyle but it’s also about ambition and success. Australia continues to grow economically, the reward for hard work, innovation and individual endeavour.”
TOP 10 RICHEST AUSTRALIANS:
1) Blair Parry-Okeden, $US8.8 billion
2) Gina Rinehart, $US8.5 billion
3) Harry Triguboff, $US6.9 billion
4) Frank Lowy, $US5 billion
5) Anthony Pratt, $US3.6 billion
6) James Packer, $US3.5 billion
7) John Gandel, $US3.2 billion
8) Lindsay Fox, $US2.8 billion
9) David Teoh, $US1.95 billion
10) David Hains, $US1.9 billion